Photobooth Effects for photos....?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Djmx, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Djmx macrumors 6502

I really like the built in effects of photobooth, but is there a way I can apply those very same effects with pictures that I have already taken with my digital camera? You for example the Color Pencil or the Glow.. etc...? i been searching can't find anything.. I know there has to do something with core image.. but thats all i know.. any help is appreciated. :)

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It can't be long before someone develops an app that can utilize the quartz effects. Address book has some effects for photos too.

3. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

I kow so does iChat in Leopard.. but i want to use the effects for photos... i already taken or have ....

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Image Tricks

There is a free version that uses most filters and a "Pro" version for USD15 or so that offers some extras.

5. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

i downloaded that.. but it does not give me the same effect as photobooths.. like the color pencil.. or the 4 different colors.. etc... :(

6. Djmx thread starter macrumors 6502

7. BritishBrummie macrumors newbie

Automator

Automator can do this. Create a New Task, then go to Photos, and Apply Quartz effects. It allows you to pick which photos you wish to use and which effect. :)