Photobooth help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by littleleprechau, Mar 23, 2008.

1. littleleprechau macrumors newbie

Hi, im new to mac, i used to have a laptop until it broke so i got a macbook for xmas. im just trying to get used to the differences and one of the applications i love is Photobooth. I tried to add it to the dock by just dragging it from the application menu. then i tried to just add it to my desktop by just dragging it from the deck to the desktop but it just disappeared. i cant find it now. could anyone tell me how to fix this bcoz it was one of the few applications i cld actually use. lol. Thanks so much for ur help!!!

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Go to the applications folder and drag it back to the dock.

Note that you can't drag stuff from the dock to the desktop, that just removes them from the dock ;).

3. littleleprechau thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks but i tried that but it seems to have disappeared from the applications menu and its not in the trash :confused:

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Spotlight search it. If Spotlight doesn't find it, then it's either gone or somehow in the System folder, as Menu Bar Spotlight doesn't search there for some reason.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Does it come up with Spotlight (the search in the top right of your screen, remember Photo Booth is two words).

7. littleleprechau thread starter macrumors newbie

when i do a spotlight search, all that comes up is the folder Photo Booth that contains all the photos i took on it. is there anywhere i could download it from or anything?

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can't have deleted it by dragging it off the dock...

9. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Unless you dragged it into the trash, it will be on your computer.

10. littleleprechau thread starter macrumors newbie

ok. thanks for ye're help. i dont think i would have put it in the trash but maybe i did. is there any way to get it back or download it??:(

11. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

You should be able to reinstall from your mac disk, I think - under bundled software?

12. littleleprechau thread starter macrumors newbie

okey dokes. il try to reinstall it next week when i get home. thanks for everyones help!!:D

13. memeboy macrumors newbie

memeboy

This maybe obvious...

...but Photo Booth is two words, if you search for photobooth in spotlight you'll find not much of use, but look for "Photo Booth" and you may win.

Just a thought.

14. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

yeah that happened to me on my macBook i didn't even want to take it out of the dock it just happened

15. littleleprechau thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!!!! i did this and it worked!! i got photobooth back! thanks for every1s help!:D:D

16. jpleo3 macrumors newbie

Just had the same problem. Unfortunately, I was not running Time Machine, so I don't have backup. I reinstalled the bundled software but it's still not there. I'm holding off on reinstalling Mac OX - is that my only option? Anywhere I can get the application?

17. justiceserved macrumors newbie

Same problem

I had the same problem with photo booth and dictionary. When I first got my mac I clicked on these two apps and a ? appeared over the top of them. When I clicked on them again they disappeared from the dock and apps menu. A couple of days ago they reappeared but not with the original icons. Now when I click on them the screen flashes but the programs don't open. If I click the unix executable file, it says "Unable to load nib file: Main menu, exiting"

I have tried to reinstall the bundled software, but it doesn't reinstall these two programs.

18. justiceserved macrumors newbie

Problem solved

I did some reading on some similar problems and found one suggesting that I download a program called Pacifist. It's a program that allows you to open packages and only install the files that you need and not the entire package. I did this by inserting the Mac OSX install disc a choosing to open the Mac OSX install package, after following the instructions I found the two programs and reinstalled the missing files. In my case it was files missing in the resource folder of each app. Nib files. Anyways if you want try the program you can download Pacifist from http://www.charlessoft.com/ it's free to use but you have to wait 30 seconds for the program to use unless you want to pay $20. Best of luck!