PhotoBooth Import Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by completeidiot23, Dec 16, 2009.

1. completeidiot23 macrumors member

Hey guys,

Last night I was trying out Chronosync to sync my 2 home directories between my iMac and my MacBook. Somewhere along the lines it synced my PhotoBooth photos to my iMac. Problem is I haven't got any photos is my MacBook to sync.

I managed to get the photos back using Time Machine. How do I put them back into PhotoBooth? Do I have to restore the preference file aswell?

Cheers,

2. Archmage macrumors member

Archmage

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

You can just put them in ~/Pictures/Photo Booth/

3. completeidiot23 thread starter macrumors member

sorry for the late reply,

I have dont that, and there still not appearing.

Any other ideas??

Cheers

4. Archmage macrumors member

Archmage

My bad. I just guessed. There is one more step. After you copy jpg images to that folder (make it if it doesn't exist), open ~/Library/Application Support/Photo Booth/Recents.plist and follow the format of the existing images to add the filenames of images that you copied. Save the plist then open Photo Booth and your images should be there.

5. completeidiot23 thread starter macrumors member

cheers, i think that worked.

I forgot that there could of been a folder in the app support, i was just coping the photos and the pref file in my pref folder in my library