Photobooth issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by applefan69, May 20, 2008.

1. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

Hello everyone, photobooth seems to be being a bitch. I have no idea what is wrong, so i'll tell you guys the whole story and hopefully someone can help.

About a week ago my mac wouldnt boot past white screen (for a completely unknown reason) I verbose booted to see the issue, it said omething like "Failed to connect to WindowServer" ... I can assume thats why my mac wouldnt boot, Idk WHY it just suddenly stopped working but w/e im past that now.

So when it stopped working, since im not the type to back up my data, I had to Archive and Install Leopard fresh. So my previous files were archives while i installed Leopard. Once I booted my fresh copy of leopard up I went into my archive of my previous system, and restored my Applications, my music, my photos ETC all just by dragging the entire folder from the archive into my new system.

Well, iLife apps were being glitchy not working worth a darn after this... so I took my Install disk that came with my mac and installed "extra applications" or w/e they were called. After that is done all my iLife apps are working fine.

...EXCEPT photobooth. Here is exactly what it says when i start it up
    *look at attachment*
    It appears as tho it cant recognize my iSight (that is built INTO my mac) everything else on my mac works perfectly with my iSight, yet here we are with photbooth not working. Whats wrong?

Attached Files:

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I've had that a couple of times.

One of these solved the probelm for me:

1. Reboot your Mac in verbose mode.
    2. Reset your PRAM (see the topic in the hardware forum)
    3. Turn off your Mac, take out the batter (laptop?) or power cable, and press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

3. applefan69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

applefan69

thanks for the help, but it didnt work. Anyone else with other ideas?