Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Ok, I have all of the photos I've ever taken using Photobooth in my "Photobooth" folder in the Finder under Photos. But whenever I open Photobooth, only some of them show up in the bottom part of Photobooth where it shows you all the photos you have taken. How can I get all the photos from my Photobooth folder into the actual Photobooth application? Thanks.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
There is a file in Pictures/Photobooth called "Recents.plist" and if you open that in TextEdit, you can see a couple lines like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<array>
	<string>Photo 1.jpg</string>
	<string>Photo 2.jpg</string>
	<string>Photo 3.jpg</string>
</array>
</plist>

If you add a string for each photo, for example ... if there are 10 photos, "Photo 1.jpg" through "Photo 10.jpg" you would need to add 10 lines, with those filenames and "<string></string>" around it, between those <array> and </array> lines.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
There is a file in Pictures/Photobooth called "Recents.plist" and if you open that in TextEdit, you can see a couple lines like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<array>
	<string>Photo 1.jpg</string>
	<string>Photo 2.jpg</string>
	<string>Photo 3.jpg</string>
</array>
</plist>

If you add a string for each photo, for example ... if there are 10 photos, "Photo 1.jpg" through "Photo 10.jpg" you would need to add 10 lines, with those filenames and "<string></string>" around it, between those <array> and </array> lines.

Wow, thank you so much! You are the man! (Or should I say, The General :D) Seriously, that was probably one of the most helpful comments I've ever seen directed towards me. This is why I come to MacRumors :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.