Photobooth Program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by branharrison6, Apr 19, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

I was toying around with a MBP in a local retail store and was having a GREAT time with this photobooth program on the MBP. Is this also on the MB? I would really be confused as to why it wouldn't be but I wanna make sure.

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

its on every mac that comes with a mini isight camera as in the imac the macbook and macbook pro :D

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

What I don't understand is why they limit what machines get this software. What is the point? I bought a tricked out Mac Pro and it doesn't come with this. I have an iSight so I *could* use it. I knew it didn't come with it so I'm not bitching about that, I just don't understand why they stratify it this way. How could it have any impact (good or bad) on their bottom line? They don't even sell the iSights anymore, right? Strange, if you ask me.

4. rfaulder macrumors newbie

At WWDC last year Steve said that Leopard will include it for computers without iSight, and it can work with any camera.

5. toddburch macrumors 6502a

hayduke - I'm with you - same exact situation. Would love to get a copy of Photobooth.

Todd

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Maybe...and this is a long shot here...but maybe the thought people who are buying a Mac Pro were less into the playful side of the mac, and wanted a more hardcore computing experience.

I agree with you guys though, it should have been an option either way.

Brian