Photobucket export plugin removal from iPhoto 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glens22, Apr 29, 2012.

1. glens22 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to remove the photobucket export plugin from iPhoto 11, download from http://photobucket.com/iphoto. I've run activity monitor and found the following files running.

Library/Application Support/iPhoto/Plugins/Photobucket.iPhotoExporter/Contents/MacOS/Photobucket

I've deleted these, but when I launch iPhoto again, the plugin is still visible.

Is there anything else that I should be removing?

Thanks,

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

If you right click on iPhoto in the Applications folder and select "Show Package Contents" do you see the plugin under Contents/plugins? If so just quit iPhoto and move it to the trash. Restart iPhoto.

This works for the Facebook plugin for iPhoto, so it should work for the PB plugin.

3. glens22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I found the plugins folder as you directed. I couldn't find anything that matched photobucket. I even deleted the whole folder and launched iPhoto 11 and the photobucket export plugin was still present. I even copied the plugin folder from another profile who doesn't have the photobucket plugin present and that didn't work either.
    Is there a common folder for plugins or is it most likely that the photbucket plugin has modified another file somewhere?

Thanks