Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Endloop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Updated:
PhotoCaps (formerly TweetCapz) 1.1 has been approved and is now available on the App Store!

What's New in this MAJOR UPDATE:
- New Name -> TweetCapz is now PhotoCaps!
- "Made with TweetCapz" watermark is now optional. It is disabled by default so it will never bother you again - unless you turn it back on.
- You can now CROP, and ZOOM images - just click on the Crop button on the toolbar while editing your photo.
- You can ROTATE and RESIZE all captions/labels/garphics using 2 fingers to pinch/rotate.
- PhotoCaps/TweetCapz hashtag (#tweetcapz), when sending photos via Twitter, is now optional. You can disable it from the Settings page from the main menu.
- Added Autocorrection, Autocapitalization, Cut/Copy/Paste capabilities to the speech and thought bubbles
- Added Tips of the Day and help screen to provide additional help and tips
- Improved and added more icons/graphics

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

We just wanted to announce our new iPhone app PhotoCaps!

PhotoCaps provides a quick, easy way to add in-photo annotations, witty captions, fun graphics or just plain silliness to your photos before sharing them with your friends and followers (or the world) on Facebook and Twitter.

PhotoCaps is built with the microblogger in mind. Future versions are scheduled to include full Flickr, Tumblr and Posterous support.

Here is a demo video featuring some really cool new multi-touch resize/rotation/cropping features in the upcoming 1.1 update which we submitted on launch (we're just waiting for Apple to approve) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieP0tg8-ep0

PhotoCaps 1.0 is available now and 1.1 is already submitted and awaiting approval from Apple.

Here's the link to our app in the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324166767&mt=8

To find out more about our company and our apps: http://www.endloop.ca

tweetcapz_screens.jpg

cheers,
Ken Seto

Endloop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Updated!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that our update has FINALLY been approved! We've renamed our app to PhotoCaps and included a whole bunch of new features. I've updated the original post with all the new stuff.

Thanks and enjoy!

Endloop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Actually, I've been trying for the past hour to get promo codes from iTunes Connect but it keeps on failing on me.

As soon as I am able to retrieve some, I will post 5 on here.

*slamming head on keyboard*

Endloop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Doh, sorry you guys missed the codes. They went fast!

Techguy1, thanks for buying the app though - hope you are having fun with it!

iCAR

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
california
I purchased it also, but I have some request. I hope an update brings choosing different colors for the letters. Some of my pictures were white backgrounds and the letters blend in.

Endloop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hi iCAR,

Thanks for purchasing it as well! Additional colors are a definite feature we want to put in for future updates. We also plan to include:

- change font
- change opacity
- save a caption as a "favourite"

This will allow you to create a custom watermark (ie. URL for your site), saving the color, font, size and opacity and quickly be able to place it on the photo without typing it in every time you use the app.

We're working on these as well as some fun, seasonal icons and graphics that you can add to your photos.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.