Photographers beware Mojave

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by VanNess, Sep 28, 2018.

1. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

Jpegs viewed in the finder appear to be over saturated when viewed in the Finder/Quicklook whereas viewing the same jpeg file in Preview looks correct color wise and doesn't appear over saturated. I suspect the finder is not using the correct color profile but I'm not really if that's the reason is technically. In any event finder info seems to indicate it's using RGB for the color space instead of sRGB which Preview appears to use. In any event my Nikon jpegs looked like there were shot in vivid in Mojave but look fine in prior versions of MacOS.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.44.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.45.01 PM.png

2. jeanlain macrumors 65816

You can report the bug to Apple if you think this is an issue.

3. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

jpgs here look perfectly normal; in the finder, in preview, in quicklook. you might want to investigate the problem you're having as opposed to warning others of imminent danger, ie find out first if everyone is having the problem; no one reported this on the betas, and no one else (yet) has mentioned it.

4. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Color Space and Color Profile are not the same thing though often confused ;) As an example convert image to CMYK. You will see the color space will show as CMYK but color profile will be Fogra 39 or US Web Coated V2.