Photography Dilemma!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SouthTexas, Jul 8, 2012.

1. SouthTexas macrumors newbie

Hi Guys! I have tried using iPhoto for iPad for my on the go edits, but it has not saved anything at all, and the edits will not sync back to the Mac with Aperture. So, I am hesitant to buy the New iPad (currently using first gen). Anyway, if this won't work, I will NOT buy a new iPad, and instead will get a MacBook.

I currently have a 20" iMac 2008, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM. I am not sure what I would do with it if I bought a MacBook. But, I will either buy the baseline MacBook Air 13", or the baseline MacBook Pro 13". Will not settle for an 11" screen, been there, done that. Which Mac Would be best for me? I will be working with Aperture a lot, Safari, Mail, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie sometimes, office, and iWork. I will play Grand Theft Auto occasionally as well. I myself am really leaning towards the Air.

Thanks!

2. SoIsays macrumors regular

I have the 13" i5/4/256 and compared to my 2008 XPS m1530 with penryn T8300, Lightroom was slightly faster in processing 10mb raw cr2's. Maybe I was expecting ivy bridge and the ssd to blow me away but it felt only slightly faster.

3. kyjaotkb macrumors 6502a