Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
I've designed a new logo for my photography business. What do you people think, anything I can improve or change?
Black and white version:
JoeMBLogoBWFinal.png

Colour version:
JoeMBLogoCFinal.png

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Dump the color one and just stick with B&W. Just my taste. What type of photo work do you do? Most of the wedding guys/gals use their name as their logo. There are some creative ones out there, too. A Google Images search turned up quite a few interesting ones. Look Here.

Dale

Pascal2000

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
Nice, I like it! The only thing I can mention is that I think the 'camera' and the 'body' are 2 objects, pasted on to each other. Try to make it 1 object. I think you should simplify the camera, maybe only the lens? Like this one: http://www.creativbrand.com/graphic-designers/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/gilhooley-logo-full.png

Making the lens the face/head?

Also you should go with the black and white. But that's just my taste.. I like black and white photos more.:)

Hope I could help. Good luck!

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
Thanks for all the comments, I agree that I like the black and White version more.

Dump the color one and just stick with B&W. Just my taste. What type of photo work do you do? Most of the wedding guys/gals use their name as their logo. There are some creative ones out there, too. A Google Images search turned up quite a few interesting ones. Look Here.

Dale

I do event photography

Should the little guy's arms be holding the camera? Looks like he's done a face plant into it.

KGB

The camera is his head.

KeithPratt

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2007
When this page loads on my MacBook, the window cuts off towards the bottom of the camera in the black and white version. From what I could see here, I liked it. But as I scrolled down it began to go off the boil.

It's inconsistent and there's too much to it. The colour version more so than the b&w.

I'd use the b&w one, get rid of the man's body and use only the font you're currently using for your name. I'd keep the slant of your name and the camera, and find a way of incorporating 'photography' without adding anything more.

Also, do the lens circles need aligning slightly?

Krebstar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Why different typefaces for the different versions?

Biggest thing I can say is it needs to be more of a logo/identity/mark. Whether that is going just to type, or simplifying it all together so you have a mark and then type, not sure. As it is now, it's very oddly shaped and lacks the shape and dimension that a logo needs to be.

BBrandDesign

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
It is very much essential to have a particular design of a particular product to make it much more attractive. I just love all your designs and they are awesome

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.