Photography logo design

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by djstarrock, Jun 15, 2011.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

Nov 23, 2006
    UK, Scotland, Glasgow
    I've designed a new logo for my photography business. What do you people think, anything I can improve or change?
    Black and white version:

Colour version:
  2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Mar 25, 2009
    Folding space
    Dump the color one and just stick with B&W. Just my taste. What type of photo work do you do? Most of the wedding guys/gals use their name as their logo. There are some creative ones out there, too. A Google Images search turned up quite a few interesting ones. Look Here.

3. Pascal2000 macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2010
    Nice, I like it! The only thing I can mention is that I think the 'camera' and the 'body' are 2 objects, pasted on to each other. Try to make it 1 object. I think you should simplify the camera, maybe only the lens? Like this one:

Making the lens the face/head?

Also you should go with the black and white. But that's just my taste.. I like black and white photos more.:)

Hope I could help. Good luck!
  4. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Sep 10, 2005
    The Antipodes.
    Should the little guy's arms be holding the camera? Looks like he's done a face plant into it.

5. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 23, 2006
    UK, Scotland, Glasgow
    Thanks for all the comments, I agree that I like the black and White version more.

I do event photography

The camera is his head.
  6. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2007
    When this page loads on my MacBook, the window cuts off towards the bottom of the camera in the black and white version. From what I could see here, I liked it. But as I scrolled down it began to go off the boil.

It's inconsistent and there's too much to it. The colour version more so than the b&w.

I'd use the b&w one, get rid of the man's body and use only the font you're currently using for your name. I'd keep the slant of your name and the camera, and find a way of incorporating 'photography' without adding anything more.

Also, do the lens circles need aligning slightly?
  7. Krebstar macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2008
    Why different typefaces for the different versions?

Biggest thing I can say is it needs to be more of a logo/identity/mark. Whether that is going just to type, or simplifying it all together so you have a mark and then type, not sure. As it is now, it's very oddly shaped and lacks the shape and dimension that a logo needs to be.
  8. BBrandDesign macrumors member

Feb 28, 2011
    It is very much essential to have a particular design of a particular product to make it much more attractive. I just love all your designs and they are awesome