Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doctorcrentist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Hello any and all photography enthusiasts/professionals. I am looking for an app that I can use to give me either a live preview or a review of pictures taken by my Nikon DSLR. Mac OS X's Image Capture app can show a window with thumbnails of images as they come in from the camera (connected via USB), but they are thumbnails only.

Anyone know of an app that will show a full screen image, or at least a larger-than-thumbnail preview of images when the camera is up? I just want to see what is comin out of the camera at a quick glance while shooting.

Thanks.

seanmorr

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
lightroom - shooting tethered

you could try the eyefi card - eyefi software route as well, but its quite buggy

doctorcrentist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Thanks for the tips. Two follow up questions. Not that aperture is that pricey anymore, but anyone know of a cheaper/standalone utility that would do just what I am interested in? Anyone know if the camera connection kit on the iPad would allow this for the iPad?

Thanks,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.