Photography software?

Franny4321

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2011
I enjoy taking picts and working with them. In the past with windows I have used photoshop cs4, but truly more programs than I needed. I don't want to spend the 100s for the mac version. I also used windows photo gallery to upload from camera. I am looking for a program which would replace each. I am ok with photoshop essentials, but it does not upload as well. I like seeing picts to rotate or delete (I take some poor picts) immediately. Does anyone have suggestions? I went on the apple store and their version does not get good reviews with Lion. (too slow) Aperature, I think. Thanks again for any help.

Franny4321

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2011
Thanks, I know iPhoto lets you download the picts from camera. I will have to buy it, so I really wanted one which would do both.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I agree, try iPhoto first, if you find that you reach it's limits Aperture is a step up, but its a pretty big step. Unlike Adobe it won't cost you a fortune though...Last time I looked I think it was around £60.00 in the UK App store.

Lot's more editing features and good value for money IMO...I use it all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.