Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlessd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
First off i'm a newbie so a quick hello to everyone ;-)

Ok so does anyone know how to sync a new album made on my ipad2 to iTunes? also any new album made on my devices are not syncing via iCloud!! any ideas? should it be doing this or not??

By this i mean an album i have made on my ipad2, with the new ios5, it doesn't appear in aperture, it doesn't appear in iTunes, even after i have synced it via cable!!

If i make an album in aperture then sync it goes to all my devices, but then i have two albums on my ipad2, and have to delete the one i just made on there, so making albums on the iPad is pointless as yet!!

Also for those out there that now think they can only own an iPad2 and like the idea that there stuff is synced online, be aware it only sync's your camera roll, not your photo library, so far there is no way of backing that up, so be careful!!!

aperry

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I was going to post the same question. I love the new album functionality in iOS5. It's an easy and fast way to organize photos (and I accumulate thousands on my iOS devices). However for the life of me I can't figure out how to sync the albums back to iPhoto. As far as I can tell, they just appear as individual photos.

iOS is feeling pretty half-baked to me. I'm accustomed to getting limited but easy-to-use and highly-polished features from Apple. It seems uncharacteristic for them to give us a feature set that's both limited and confusing and unfinished feeling.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I posted about this the same day ios 5 came out.
I had been testing the betas of ios 5 (i'm an amateur developer) but had no access to OSX or iPhoto betas so I couldn't test the icloud photo stream.

I now see that tehre's no way to sync photo albums, so my question is why was this option added to iOS if there's no sync between devices or iphoto?

my guess.. iPhoto'12 will have some sort of album syncing included as part of photostream.. but who knows.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
So if I turn on iCloud and tell it to include my Camera Roll, will it also back up my albums? Or, will it only back up photos that have not been assigned to an album?

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
So if I turn on iCloud and tell it to include my Camera Roll, will it also back up my albums? Or, will it only back up photos that have not been assigned to an album?

two things:

- If you enable iCloud Backups, you can tell the iphone to bakcup your camara roll.

- If you enable Photostream, only NEW pictures taken after you enable it are uploaded to your photostream

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
- If you enable iCloud Backups, you can tell the iphone to bakcup your camara roll.

Does the Camera Roll include the photo albums though or just the unassigned pics? Little confused on what the "Camera Roll" entails exactly...

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Does the Camera Roll include the photo albums though or just the unassigned pics? Little confused on what the "Camera Roll" entails exactly...

I'm also wondering about this question. My guess is that it does not, as is the case for all of my other albums synced with iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.