Photos: Almost all pictures are missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by desertman, Apr 10, 2015.

1. desertman macrumors 6502a

I have a 10+ GB Aperture library with thousands of pictures. When I now opened Photos for the first time I got asked whether I want to convert my Aperture library into a Photos library and agreed.

However, only about 5 percent of my pictures are now in Photos - the library has not even 500 MB.

Moreover, when I open now Aperture I have no pictures at all in there.

This looks like a big - but bad - joke to me. Will be interesting what Apple has to say to this.

2. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks like I found everything - and the library is 10+ GB large (I confused the Photos library with the iPhoto library).

It will for sure take some time to get used to this application. One thing that I cannot find so far (and would be missing big time if it does not exist) is the Split View from Aperture with a band of pictures at the bottom of the window and the selected picture in big in the main part of the window.

----------

... OK, I also found the Split View.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

4. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess it's too early to say whether I'm good but the initial "grievances" have dissolved into thin air.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the thumbnails in Split View bigger. They have by default about a quarter of the size that they have in Aperture - they are tiny.

According to the Apple Photos help it is possible to chance their size. However, the only size slider that I can see is only changing the size of the selected picture that is in the main window.

Does anybody know how to change the size of the thumbnails?