Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Hi guys,

I have created some folders to put certain pictures in certain folders, but if I want to delete a picture from a folder it tells me what it will delete it from ALL folders.

Is there any way to keep them in their folders or make duplicates so it doesn't asking me to delete from everywhere? maybe Cydia app anywhere?

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
Are you trying to delete photos from your Camera Roll, or your Photo Library, Photo Stream?

If you try to delete a photo from any regular photo album on your iPhone, the following should read "This photo will be removed from this album, but will remain in your Photo Library".

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
From the Camera roll

I want to keep different picture in their own folder instead of having them all in the Camera roll, but don't think its possible.:confused:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
From the Camera roll

I want to keep different picture in their own folder instead of having them all in the Camera roll, but don't think its possible.:confused:

You can't delete photos from the camera roll but keep them elsewhere.

This is because all photos are stored in the camera roll. Any albums you create are just ways of grouping the photos, they are not additional copies made of the same photos. You may have albums, but all photos are stored in Camera Roll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.