Photos app and iPhoto Events

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by harry20larry, Feb 6, 2015.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

I was wondering if any dev with access to the Photos app could help me out. Having read up about the new Photos app import process, it seems that it carries iPhoto albums through nicely.

However, most of my organisation is done through iPhoto Events. The only hint of how Photos app will handle them is this screenshot.

[​IMG]

Where is seems all iPhoto events have been imported into a sub-album, a bit like how they are handled when you transfer them to you iPhone.

If this is the case would you recommend making all iPhoto events into Albums before the transfer?

2. cpenner macrumors regular

The majority of my Events in iPhoto were just the date the photos were imported, so I deleted most of the Albums after the conversion to Photos, as the Moments and Collections features is a nicer approach (in my opinion) than separate Events for each import.

That being said, if your current iPhoto Events have everything sorted the way you want, I wouldn't bother adding everything to Albums beforehand, as the Events will all appear as Albums in Photos, inside that iPhoto Events folder.

Hope that helps.