Photos app. Anyone with iOS 5 care to help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pound4pound30, Jun 7, 2011.

1. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

So a new feature listed on apple is the option to put photos into albums right on the device.

Can anyone with iOS 5 post pictures or videos of how this works or is it not in this beta?

I'm very curious to see how it works.

Thanks

2. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

In thumbnail view you press the action menu icon and it gives a fourth option down bottom to move, upon selected that option it asks whether you want to create a new event or use an existing one, choose, input title, bam.

3. f00f macrumors 65816

It is indeed in the beta.

In the Photos app there is now an Albums area where you can add new albums.
    You hit an Edit button in the upper right corner, click Add to add a new album, and then you can select pics to add to it (if you want; you don't have to add pics to the album right away).

You can associate pics to an album (notice: not move or copy; see below) from the Camera Roll by going to the Camera Roll, hitting that little "share" button in the bottom left (the same button we use for selecting pics to delete), selecting the photos and then hitting the "Add To" button at the bottom. You can add the pics to a new album or an existing one. Note that the pics are not moved or copied from the Camera Roll to the album -- they are merely associated with that album. You can associate pics between albums in the same way.

Pics are not copied byte-wise between albums and the Camera Roll, but rather the albums contain references to the pics in the Camera Roll. This is evidenced by the fact that when you remove a pic from the Camera Roll, it is also removed from any albums it may be associated with. So the Camera Roll is essentially your library with the albums being the means to organize them.

4. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

Thanks for the replies. Either of you willing enough to do a video.

5. California King macrumors 65816

Anyone know if it's possible to delete photos from the Photo Stream? I know you can delete photos from the Camera Roll, but the option doesn't appear to be available in the Photo Stream.

6. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

^^ I'm wondering the same thing too.....if you turn off photo stream it deletes all the pics

7. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

I doubt its deleting them, they are supposed to stay on the cloud for 30 days. It will hold 1000 photos and will remove the oldest automatically if you add more photos. The photos are probably disappearing from photo stream because you no longer have it enabled. I would think if you re-enabled it, they should return. I'm just going by how it was described in the speech.

8. martinewski macrumors newbie

I also want to be able to delete pictures from the Photo Stream. Or at least be able do "empty" it.

For now, there's no such feature. I hope it is implemented in the future.