Photos App - Book Creation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheGrudge, Dec 4, 2015.

1. TheGrudge macrumors member

TheGrudge

Every year around Christmas I create a phonebook of my kids for the grandparents. Using iPhoto was slow on my 2007 iMac, and things are now a little better with Photos.

The issue I'm having though is extremely frustrating. I created an album with a ton of pics from 2015 that are potentially good enough to make it into the book. I then add that album to the project and all the pictures show up across the bottom of the screen.

The issue is that whenever I add a picture to the book by dragging it from the list of photos below and dropping it onto a page, is that it shoots me back to the first photo below.

So let's say I scroll waaaay over to the right and grab a photo and drag it into a page in the book. It works, but as soon as I do that it shoots me all the way back to my first photo in the list below. So frustrating. Am I just doing something wrong or missing something?

2. JordanLindsay macrumors newbie

JordanLindsay

Well, hopefully by now you have gone through the pain-staking task of creating the book you wanted. I know the issue you're talking about very well, I made several books for Christmas and it was a real headache. The app was soooo much better in the past. This is one of several issues I encountered. My simple answer after much troubleshooting is...no....you just have to keep scrolling back to where you left off.

My method refined to just removing photos I didnt want so that new photos that I would add were at the beginning of the selection window. This way I didnt have to keep scrolling over. A real frustration and the app needs to be improved, like I said, this current version is horrible for book creation.

The next worst issue I encountered was when all photos resized, were displaying incorrect images, and distorted... so I didnt know which photo I was actually selecting. Hopefully Apple can get their act together on this functionality in Photos.