Photos app cannot play videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Jul 27, 2008.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I was disappointed to see that the 'Photos' app doesn't play videos (and it doesn't appear that iTunes even syncs those files over to the iPhone). Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

2. psingh01 macrumors 65816

if it appears in your itunes videos section then you can sync it. they will appear within the ipod app of the iphone.

3. jsgrabo macrumors regular

photos is simply meant for "photos". ^^^^ any movies will appear in your "videos" tab. they need to be in the ".mp4, .m4v, .mov, or h.264" format. when your phone is plugged into your computer click the "video" tab and then select which videos you want on the phone. then sync.

4. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Well yes that's all well and good, but the fact is that iPhoto integrates videos (given that almost every digital camera can shoot video clips these days), and you can publish videos from iPhoto to your MobileMe webgallery. It seems a logical next step for iPhoto to sync short movie files to iPhone too (it would be good if it optimised them for iPhone viewing)

5. acousticbiker thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, this is what I was referring to...my digital camera videos that are in iPhoto.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It also seems confusing that my music won't load in Safari. Any suggestions?