Photos App Faces Dont Sync With iCloud?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Laurence Eckert, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Laurence Eckert macrumors member

I just factory reset my Macbook after installing and messing around with the new update (which includes the photos app) and for some reason, the faces that add in to the app don't sync to iCloud? Doesn't that seem like one of the most basic features that should have been added? Now I have to redo every single picture with a face in it..... by the way, keywords still sync surprisingly...

2. frenchtony macrumors member

Same here, I have two macs, and the least I expected from Photos (I'm an Aperture user) was that it would sync faces across devices...

The one thing that is great with the new Photos is the iCloud sync, but since half of the data is not synced, it defeats the point...

I'm still debating whether I should stick with Aperture and wait for an updated Photos in the future, or go to Lightroom like everyone else :(

3. CVC macrumors member

I was shocked at this. After I installed 10.10.3, I checked my iPad to see what the new faces folder looked like. There wasn't one, so I went on iCloud.com to see if Photos uploaded it and as we know it didn't.

Later I synced my husband's iPad with a cable and replaced selected events from iPhoto with folders from the new photos app. A faces folder appeared on his iPad! This wasn't even an option in iTunes, apparently if you have used faces on the Mac, it creates a folder on the iPad automatically.

I can't believe iCloud support for faces wasn't there from the beginning. It obviously is not a technical issue, since the folder is created whether you wanted it or not if you sync manually, and I have trouble believing it would be difficult to do in iCloud.

4. gpspad macrumors 6502

I didn't realize it did that, going to have to try it....

Does that mean it will allow two macs to have a faces folder?