Photos App Has Gone MAD. WTF?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheScribe, Oct 20, 2014.

1. TheScribe macrumors member

TheScribe

I'll try to keep this brief. Basically, I updated to 8.0.2 on Ipad3, 64 gig. Over the last few days, I decided to get all nostalgic and look at some old photos. I keep thousands on the iPad...organized into about 6 albums that I've been using for well over a year now. Why is it that that now, in the photos app, my photos are divided into at least 30 albums (random as all get out) with album names that I haven't seen or used in over two years? Seriously. When I go into the albums, it's just my photos randomly distributed with no rhyme or reason...and believe me, I have always been pretty anal about organizing my photo collection as well as my music collection.

So, why did my ipad decide to randomly "create" albums out of thin air using folder names I haven't used in years? And how can I fix it back to normal without restoring the ipad (no pc currently)? It doesn't affect usability and all my photos are still there....It is just really frustrating.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Common complaint about iOS 8. Lots of discussion about the photo app over at the iOS 8 thread.