Yeah, I figured you did.I had issues before going on to the beta
Yeah, I figured you did.
- Erase your hard drive. Re-install Sierra. DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER APPS OR UTILITIES. ABSOLUTELY NONE!!! Also, do not upgrade anything, do not sync anything, do not sign-in to anything and do not configure anything!
- Now Upgrade to the High Sierra beta. - Again, do not install any other apps or utilities, or upgrade anything, or sign-in to anything.
- Sign-in to iCloud.
- Open the iCloud System Preference Panel and make sure everything is cool with the syncing options.
- Open Photos and make sure you have the syncing turned on in Photos prefs.
- Wait and see if it syncs your photos
That will likely fix things. It also helps to have your Mac connected to Ethernet for the initial sync.
Well, I would guess the next issue could be internet connection speed... but in the interest of time, perhaps you should just switch back to Sierra and wait for the full release of High Sierra.
Just says updating and stays at that. Have done a fresh install of sierra (not beta) so will see what happens.Curious... are you seeing an error message at the bottom of the Photos window when the Photos tab is open and where you normally see "updating" but it now reads "no internet connection found" or similar?
...and you have a fully functioning Internet connection?
I find it very hard to believe that two completely different computers, running two completely different operating systems, on a 'reliable' internet connection are having this problem and it's somehow a widespread bug completely unrelated to you specifically.
It's got to be a configuration issue or something similar. I had a similar problem with ONE Mac having this problem with Photos... but I would have been convinced it was me and not Apple had the problem occurred on all three of my Macs, my iPad and my iPhone.
By the way, in my case it took 3 days to sync/upload a 35GB Photos library... and the Photos app showed little to no progress at any given time. It just eventually showed up as done. Now that was when the feature was first released to the public, so I'm sure Apple's servers were saturated as it was. But the point is that it may just take some time, and you need to be patient.
Same here. "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" every time - using HS public beta 3I can't get Photos to stop crashing for me. It seems to be tied to the Library being set as the System Photo Library. I created a new library without any issue, but once I set it to be the system library it crashes on open.