Photos App Not Blurring Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shu15, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Shu15 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been posted before (my apologies if it has, I couldn't find anything through search), but the new Photos app seems to be showing a blurred version of my photos when I blow them up. Looking at the photos separately in Finder when blown up to the same size, the photo in Finder seems to be a lot sharper. Have any of you guys had this problem at all? I can't tell if Photos is showing the actual photo, and Finder is applying some sharpening (I don't know why this would be the case, but you never know), or if Photos is having problems displaying the file for whatever reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. internalstorm macrumors newbie

Have you chosen to upload photos to iCloud? Photos app may be showing the "optimized thumbnail" without downloading the full photo?

3. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

I only seem to have that issue in Shared folders. The resolution is not good in the shared folders.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Thank you for mentioning that. I had a problem with certain photos being pixelated and after much effort I believe I had traced it to shared photos.

Photos' "Show Reference File in Finder" is grayed out for every photo in my collection, so it was no help. Your post is the first confirmation I've found that my suspicion may be right. So again, thank you.

After experiencing this and reading about other problems, I'm going to back to iPhoto. As far as I'm concerned, this is Apple Maps 1.0 all over again. I'm staying away until Apple releases a better-working version.