Photos App Not Working Correctly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SIRmisterD, May 9, 2015.

1. SIRmisterD macrumors member

Hello,

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro running 10.10.3 and when I go to to import photos into the new photos app everything works fine. However, when I go to select photos from a safari web page (such as a new craigslist ad, or Facebook) the recently imported photos do not show up. The only solution I have found myself is that I need to quit safari all together after a new import for safari to be able to 'recognize' the newly imported photos. I used to use iPhoto and I never had this problem. I didn't need to quit safari or anything, the photos just appeared without issue. This is really frustrating because if I am writing a new craigslist ad for example and I forget to quit safari, I lose all the writing I wrote for the post. Does anybody have a fix to this issue that doesn't require me to quit safari each time?

Thank you for any help.

2. RussellMay macrumors newbie

Pasting photos from Safari to Photos App.

To post photos directly from Safari to Photos, you use the 'Share' icon in the top right corner of Safari.

Select the photo, then click the share button and select 'Send to Photos'.

Or if you cannot select the image you want to capture, right click it and select 'Add image to Photos' from the pop up menu.

There are loads of shortcuts that Photos adds to allow you to capture photos from Safari, Chat, Mail, etc..

3. graley macrumors regular

Photos app

Did you look in the downloads folder in the users finder window ?

4. SIRmisterD thread starter macrumors member

I can import fine. It's only selecting images in safari to put onto a website where I'm having issues.

For example, if I want to upload images to a website and it'll say "select photos" usually it brings up the photos library. From there I choose what photos I want to go up on the web. My issue is that some of the newly imported photos are not appearing when I choose to select from photos.

----------

I'm importing directly from my iPhone. The photos that I just imported show up in photos, but when I go to select them on a web page, they're not there