iPhone Photos app Sharing is worthless

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by noobinator, Apr 27, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I have a ton of videos uploaded to the photos app and I share them with my wife. It is pretty worthless though. Only about 10% of my videos have thumbnails and the others are blank and sometimes load, if I wait for 20 minutes on the screen. No point in looking at videos if I can't see thumbnails to know which to click.

I guess you shouldn't have over a few videos.

Anyone else notice this?

2. Trhodezy macrumors regular

It's working perfectly fine for me, it could be a problem your end. Maybe restart/reinstall the OS or it could be your internet?

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sadly, it sounds like you nailed the issue. I don't have the issue with only a few videos.

4. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

The Sharing tab for us just doesn't render very good resolution. My wife and I tried it but went back to Air Drop for sharing photos.

The resolution in the sharing folder is noticeably worse!!!

5. BBDDVV macrumors newbie

oh, this works perfect for me and my wife (and others): I have about 80 shared folders, each with at least a couple of videos.

The quality is indeed reduced, for both pictures and video (automatically reduced to 720p). To watch on a phone, for us, it's good enough. And to me, nothing beats the ease of use :)