photos are missing on iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macspiffs, Feb 25, 2016.

1. macspiffs macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 6 and i sync my iphone with my mac, and since a while, I am missing photos, they are on my mac in the photos program, but will not show on my iphone (and before they did).

after some testing, i found out, that these photos were shot with my old iphone 4S, all the photos which are made with my old 4s are not showing on my iphone 6...... is there some setting I accidently changed? I can't find a solution, anyone?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Could it be that you set up your iPhone 6 as a new phone and not from a backup?

3. Sare2514 macrumors newbie

Sare2514

Odd. Some photos which you sync your iPhone with mac are missing out and you only found them can be shown on your old iPhone 4s and not show on your iPhone 6, because these photos are taken by iPhone 4s, right? Maybe you can try to backup your photos on iCloud and then login the same Apple iCloud account to re-download them on your iPhone 6.

4. Techexp2 macrumors member

Hi,

You can find the lost Photos from iPhone with use of iCloud and iPhone Photos Recovery. I hope the below link will be useful for you

iOS: How to back up and restore your content
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

5. macspiffs thread starter macrumors newbie

thnxs for the quick replies,

I do not have my 4S anymore, but if I open a photo in the mac photo application and right click on properties, it shows me that all the photos which not show on my 6 are taken with my old 4S.

it is not a new phone, it allways worked until I noticed they didn't show up on my 6 anymore. I just tried to sync them with my daughters old 4S and same problem, so I guess it is an photo aplication issue and not a problem with my iphone 6.

in my mac photo (before iPhoto?) prog I have different folders, some of them are synchonized with my iphone 6 and these folders show up on my iphone, only some of those photos are missing, first I thought it were all the old photos, but old photos made with another camera, do show up, only the photos made with my old 4S do not show on my 6. I do not sync with icloud, but with a cable straight by itunes.

So it is not a problem with lost photos on my iphone, but a problems with photos in my photo application on my mac, which do not show up on my iphone, I hope that it all makes sense, since english is not my native language

funny thing is, if i copy one of those old photos to my desktop on my mac, and then drag it back again to the photo prog, it does sync with my iphone 6, but this means I have to drag 500+ photos to my desktop.....