Photos are not in iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tytbody, Jul 20, 2014.

1. tytbody macrumors regular

Please help. I had an issue with my computer and brought it to apple, had it all fixed and cleaned up. Like new. Well now when I take a photo it doesn't go in my iPhoto library so I can find it

It goes into a file called pictures. I have not one photo in iPhoto.
    how do I get my photos back into iPhoto and what was set up so that they go to pictures?

all they say is images and you have no clue what it is. I can't upload a photo to facebook because if I do I won't know what it is because I can't see it like I did in iPhoto.

please help.

I want resize images before uploading, etc. I want to make collages and can't do anything where the photos are.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Do you see the pictures in iPhoto itself?

I find that to manually see the pictures in iPhoto I have to manually go to the folder /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Pictures/ and right click the iTunes Library package & elect "Show Package Content". Then you can go to any year you want.

WARNING: Never manually delete any content doing it this way because you REALLY have to know what you are doing so just use iTine.app itself to delete or add pictures!

3. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

OP wrote:
    [[ Well now when I take a photo it doesn't go in my iPhoto library so I can find it
    It goes into a file called pictures. I have not one photo in iPhoto.
    how do I get my photos back into iPhoto and what was set up so that they go to pictures? ]]

I have a "workaround" that may help you, even if it doesn't completely solve your problem.

Here's what I would suggest:
    1. On the desktop, create a new folder. Give it any name you want (I would suggest something like "iPhoto import 7/21/14", or something like that)
    2. Open your home folder, then open your pictures folder
    3. Hold down the Command key, and single-click on each pic you want to import into iPhoto (note: you probably don't want to do too many at a time, limit this to 20-40)
    4. Now, with all the pics selected, "drag and drop" them into the folder on the desktop that you created above. Then open the folder and check to see that they are all "in there"
    5. Open iPhoto, and "arrange things" on the desktop so that you can see the folder you created
    6. Now, grab the folder, then "drag and drop" it into iPhoto. iPhoto should import the folder's content as an "event".
    7. The pics are now "in" iPhoto and you can re-arrange them as required.

Again, this is only a workaround, but it works for me.

4. tytbody thread starter macrumors regular

iphoto

found out via my husband when they reset my computer, they did not put back in my iPhoto application. I had to go to apple store and redownload iPhoto. the app was not even on my system.

now everything there is back to normal.

thank you for your replies.