Photos auto-syncing?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by anez, Apr 24, 2015.

1. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Playing around with the Watch app on my phone and noticed it said there were 3 photos on the Watch. I certainly didn't put any on it deliberately, so I opened the Photos app on the Watch only to discover three very random photos had been copied to the Watch from my phone.

All three are months old, and I can't understand why those three were added to the Watch above the rest. (One was even an image of the outside of my house, which as you can imagine, gave me quite a turn.)

Anyone having a similar issue, or know how to delete the damn things off the Watch?

2. jjlannoo Suspended

my watch is showing some pics from my photo stream

3. barca bear macrumors member

barca bear

4. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

I've got 3 photos on mine as well, no idea why it (or my iPhone) decided to put them there. The joys of being on the bleeding edge I suppose. :)

5. anez thread starter macrumors 6502

anez

That's exactly it! I never use that feature on the phone, so didn't really know it existed until now. Have found the photos in the Stream and deleted it, so that should set that right. Interesting that it's automated rather than user-controlled, though.

Thanks, guys.

----------

Go through your albums and remove the ones with the hearts on them. I had clicked this by accident-- hilariously, not one of the photos was anything I'd choose to share with my Watch. One was a photograph of a coat, the other was of the outside my house from the bushes (it looked like a stalker pic), and the last was of an old photo negative I was trying to import into Photoshop to see where the photos were taken. They were the last thing I expected to show up on my Watch!

6. Downs2011 macrumors regular

Go to the watch companion app on your iPhone, go to photos, then choose what photos you want synced in "photo syncing" by choosing which albums you want. Or you can choose custom instead of the mirror iPhone

7. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

you can select which album is pulled in. by default its the Favorite. I switched my to the camera roll and to pull in the last 25

8. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I also have one random photo on my watch. Which is of an Apple watch in the store from last weekend. Nicely done, Apple.

9. anez thread starter macrumors 6502

anez

Very helpful, thanks; at least I know where to look for it now.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no option for "no photos" that I can find. :(

Deselecting favorites does the trick, but if anyone knows how to disable this entirely, point me towards it, please!