Photos blurry in cameraroll (landscape mode)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mr-julian-c, Sep 17, 2014.

1. mr-julian-c macrumors newbie

Just got iOS 8 and is very disappointed, when i go in photo app/cameraroll and put my iphone 5s in landscape mode, the photos are very blurry.

When i zoom in the right sharpness is there, but it has been like that before in iOS 7 also, but the difference is that in ios8 its blurry zomed out, VERY blurry.

If you have dropbox its like the same quality as the pre shows there.

Has someone else notice this? Its so annoying and i wonder if its just on my phone or on others to? I work with photography and this is kind of annoying.

2. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

also when choose a photo as wallpaper and zoom in just a little its VERY blurry. Whats going on?!

3. Thoir macrumors member

4. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

so its blurry for you to? =( is this a bug or should we do a new install?

5. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Have you completely quit the app and started it again? care to post a screenshot of this?

6. Thoir macrumors member

Weird thing is. I had iOS 8 GM installed until this evening. And I had a cameraroll and I didn't have blurry pictures.

I re-installed the released iOS version which has the same build number. And now I am missing the cameraroll and I have blurry pictures. But the blur doesn't stay. It is like they are loading.

7. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

mine are blurry all the time, no loading. This is so strange, where can we send in bugs to apple?

8. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

9. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Have you restarted your phone ? Send a screenshot

10. deviant macrumors 65816

restart your phone. it's strage but when you go multitasking and there are recent contacs on top, you click on one of them.. well, i only saw the option to message them. restarted, and phone,FaceTime etc suddenly appeared.

11. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

it's hard to do a screenshoot when you have nothing to compare to. but it is blurry, zoom in just a liiitle and you will have the sharpness back. this is in photos in landscape mode.

I did restart my phone 6 times and also with a hard reset. still the same.

is there some place for us to send in bugs reports to apple?

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Why not take a screenshot the moment you see blurry photos and then upload it to a service like imgur etc then link it here. Visuals help

13. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try but don't seem to work. try have a photo in landscape mode (a sharp one) and zoom in with fingers just a little bit and see how the details become clear and the sharpness come back. zomed out its way more blurry.

I always look at my photos this way so I know it haven't been there before. kind of annoying

14. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Doesn't happen to me . Have you tried to reset your phone ?

15. mr-julian-c thread starter macrumors newbie

it happens to me and all I asked now, but you may not see it if it's not a very sharp photo. I used my DSLR photos (but even iphone ones) when I saw it... yes I did evetything.

it's like looking at a thumbnail (not as sharp as to see the full image) at the faces, eyes, glases, lines you see it the most.

tried upload the exanples here and on image site but don't work.