Photos...camera roll. Annoying as hell

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thedeejay, Mar 11, 2014.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I haven't noticed this until recently because it hasn't happened yet until today but..

If someone sends you a picture say via email attachment and it's "taken" or dated another day, let's say a year back - why doesn't it store it in the most recent slot. It ends up saving it at a slot before in your camera roll and you have to scroll up and find it.

Is there a way to disable this? I just want any photo I save to be saved in chronological order by when I choose to save it, instead of date.

Hope this makes sense.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That makes total sense, but I do not think their is a way to do that unless you are using dropbox or another photo app (possibly?). The reason for this is b.c there is not way to view photo details on the IOS device, so it has to use the day you actually save it.

3. Altis macrumors 68000

It sounds like it's the other way around; no matter when it was saved, iOS uses the photo exit data to determine the date, then puts it at that spot in your camera roll, rather than saving it at the end. This would be confusing if you have a lot of photos and no idea when the original was taken.

Although I have yet to see this happen personally... If it is indeed what happens, that is quite a nuisance.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Photo Stream works the same way too.

I got a picture via iMessage where the EXIF date was from April of 1999. When I saved it to my iPhone, it went to Photo Stream, and eventually my Aperture, where it created a "Apr 1999 Photo Stream" folder.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

well damn, that is the exact opposite of what I was thinking. That is really weird =/

6. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

why can't apple allow us to see the meta data from the picture on the iPhone? I want to be able to click on the picture and choose "more info" to see the date and time of when it was taken.

7. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

With the iPhoto app you can do this.

8. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Nice I didn't know that. Would be nice though to have the option in the camera roll instead of an additional app.