Photos can't uncrop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andwan0, Jun 9, 2014.

1. andwan0 macrumors newbie

I am still on iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S.

I've cropped a photo, but now I don't see the "undo/uncrop" button anywhere!

Help!

How to hack the phone?

2. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

From my memory of iOS 5 (a little rusty, a long time ago :D ) , if you've saved the image in a cropped state and then perhaps closed the photos application and restarted it, there most likely will be another, unedited photo saved before it, however there won't be an undo mode if you've saved the image and closed the photos app.

Sorry if I'm wrong and this isn't the case, I can't really remember when then the original photo saved before the edited one mode was introduced; iOS 5 was a long time ago!

I don't think this is the answer. ;)

3. andwan0 thread starter macrumors newbie

When i connect my iPhone to my PC and view the photos, I can still see the FULL original photo, which is good.
    But I want to keep that photo on the iPhone in original state

4. GrantTheGreat macrumors newbie

On the I phone, press crop then press and hold each of the corners of the photo. The corner(s) that were cropped should hopefully expand out to the original. (By the way, cropping is a great way to hide photos! ;)

5. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I was under the impression that there is no "un-crop" function. If the original photo is saved, perhaps you could export/re-import it via your computer. That's the only thing I could think of.