Photos: create an album by camera/device

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Derek87, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Derek87 macrumors 6502

i haven't moved to iOS8 yet, but like many, am a bit disappointed by the loss of the camera roll. one question i have is this: it sounds like you can sort through your pictures by location (assuming services is turned on -- not for me being the paranoid type) or date, but how about camera/device? it would seem one should be able to create a custom album based on device (you can do this in iPhoto).

is this possible?

my photos are a mass conglomeration of pictures from other devices/cameras other than my iPhone, so i'm not looking forward to not being able to easily see my iPhone stored photos in one place.

thanks for any thoughts/experiences.

2. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

You can create albums yes, but it does not seem like you can specify the device where the albums are. One album will be on all devices. And deleting a photo will delete it from everywhere. You can't differentiate between the photos in your stream or your device. Unless you try to edit a photo.
    It's all quite screwy.

3. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

Not natively. However maybe an app developer will implement this in an app.

4. Razeus macrumors 603

Just remember albums you create are created on all your iDevices.

5. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

Sorry to derail the thread, but I do have a semi related question.

Does anyone know of any apps which can edit metadata?

One of the features I am looking forward to in iOS 8 is extensions. I know they are in their infancy at the moment, but is it possible (or does it already exist) for an app to edit metadata, add descriptions, tags and even face tags, on iOS. Then sync these changes back to iPhoto?

My iPhoto library is a mess, I'm rarely home long enough to organise it and when I am home I prefer not to spend my time sitting at a computer. If I could load a hundred or so photos and tag them while travelling I would make much more progress.

Is this app/extension possible, or is this level of access not available?