Photos doesn't see shared albums

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by szastan, Apr 17, 2015.

1. szastan macrumors newbie

Hi,

maybe someone will have an idea how to repair that; few days ago Photos stopped seeing shared albums (under shared tab). I just have "Start sharing" button. After trying to create one, nothing happens. Setting new account in OSX can be a solution, everything works in it as expected, but I would like to avoid setting it up from scratch. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. StormRyder macrumors newbie

Is your 'iCloud-photo share' enabled (Photos, preferences, second tab iCloud)?

And are the shared albums which you had, still visible on you iPhone/iPad?

3. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. StormRyder macrumors newbie

Ok, could you post a screenshot of the photos app with the navigation column visible?

5. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

6. StormRyder macrumors newbie

Few suggestions/questions:

1. Are you still logged in on iCloud with your Mac (specifically for Photos)? So in settings, iCloud.

2. Have you tried shutting down you Mac en restarting it (probably, but who knows).

3. If you right-click a photo in your normal library and choose 'share', is 'iCloud photo share' an option? And what happens when you choose that one? SO you add a new photo to iCloud shared album.

4. A long shot and I think you mentioned not to want this, but what if you uncheck 'photos' in iCloud settings, restart you Mac and check the 'photos' in settings (iCloud)?

7. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

yes
    yes
    same thing as I wrote in first post, I don't see albums to choose, after creating new one nothing happens, it's not being created
    tried this, didn't help. I'm thinking if there is a way to delete any cache/personal photo files assigned to OSX profile from hdd to trick photos into setting up everything as new, without having to create whole new OSX profile

8. StormRyder macrumors newbie

Well that was all I could think of.
    I think you are correct when wanting to flush a cache or reset the way Photos connects to the shared photo streams, but I am not able to help you with that. Sorry.

Hope that someone will find you an answer.

9. Wholmeswa macrumors newbie

I have the same issue and found this thread while searching for a solution.

10. derphoenix macrumors newbie

I am having the same situation.
    iPhone and iPad display the shared albums and can edit and add them. The mac shows the same as posted above.
    There are also threads at the apple support forum about

11. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it seems that I have good news. I managed to solve this issue. What I did:

- shut down Photos app
    - disable Photos in iCloud settings
    - delete from /Users/your_user_name/Library/Cointainers/ files ass attached:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

attachments continued in next post

Attached Files:

12. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course you have to create new photo library after this, so be sure to have all your photos/videos backed up, or in iPhoto Cloud Library. After creating new library, select in Photos preferences that new library is system photo library, so iCloud Photo Library can be enabled

Attached Files:

13. derphoenix macrumors newbie

This works for me too

Thank you, szastan
    Your tip has worked.
    I didn´t have ALL of the files you posted. I deleted all I had.
    I did´t have to create a new library. It was only syncing and recompressing a lot of videos and pictures the whole night.

14. szastan thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad I could help. Of course these directories may differ per individual installation, and maybe there is just one folder that have to be deleted, but I didn't have time to check on that. Also, when creating new user profile, there isn't even container directory, so I assumed that these can be safely trashed and will be recreated if system needs them ;) The same applies to photo library ofc. Most important is that everything works now.