Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Apple release a Photo's for Mac Beta?

• Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Public Beta next week with the official release of Yosemite.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Public Beta at some point in the near future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' DP next week with the release of Yosemite.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' DP at some point in the next future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' DP with the release of Yosemite and releases a PB in the future.

• Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' DP with thE release of Yosemite and releases a PB in the future.

• Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' DP in the near future and releases a PB at some point afterwards

• Apple does not release a 'Photo's for Mac' Beta.

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
At WWDC14 in June, Apple demoed a brand new Application, 'Photo's for Mac' which they said would be available in 'Early 2015'. Now, this leaves iCloud Photo's as Apple's only cloud service without a Mac counterpart until next year.

Therefore, do you think it's possible that Apple will launch a 'Photo's for Mac' Beta at some point in the future? I've come up with a number of scenarios of what could happen.

1. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Public Beta next week with the official release of Yosemite.
2. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Public Beta at some point in the near future.
3. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Developer Preview next week with the official release of Yosemite.
4. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Developer Preview at some point in the next future.
5. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Developer Preview at next week with the official release of Yosemite and releases a Public Beta at some point in the future.
6. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Developer Preview at next week with the official release of Yosemite and releases a Public Beta at some point in the future.
7. Apple launches a 'Photo's for Mac' Developer Preview at some point in the near future and releases a Public Beta at some point afterwards
8. Apple does not release a 'Photo's for Mac' Beta.

What do you think? Do you want Apple to launch a Photo's for Mac beta or, do you want Apple to ensure it is fully tested before anyone gets their hands on it?

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I fell like the product is way behind schedule and will come with the next major OS upgrade announced at WWDC. I hope the delay is from adding more professional features in like folder support, but I highly doubt it.

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Let's see...Tim Cook said Photos for Mac will be available in "early 2015". "Early 2015" could mean the first week, the first month, or...the first quarter.

Patience young Padawan learners.

Oh...one more thing - my prediction - Apple will release the final version of Photos for Mac - no beta, no developers preview. My prediction is that it'll be with the next Yosemite update (10.10.2)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.