Photos for OS X - duplicates

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by MoodyM, Feb 12, 2015.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I'm getting loads of duplicates, presuming this is because my photo stream is merged in with all my other photos?

2. cpenner macrumors regular

This happened to me too. As you suggested, I'm assuming this is from all the "January Photo Stream", etc., albums. Unfortunately, at this point, there's no good way to remove the duplicates, other than manually.

3. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I've not figured out yet, in iOS or OS X with "iCloud Photo Library" on, if there's any good reason to leave "My Photo Stream" on.

Presumably if we manually delete dupes we have to make sure we're deleting the Photo Stream version?

4. esf215 macrumors member

Try and see if this would work. open up iPhoto then go to the icloud tab and delete your photo stream pictures. Or turn off photos stream

5. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

6. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

This is not an error, you have the choice to continue by opening the iPhoto Library either in Photos or in iPhoto.

7. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Also, none of my videos play in Photos for OS X - they all have no thumbnail (blank white) and when I open one it's a black screen, and if I click play the timer/download icon at the bottom right goes round maybe quarter of the way, then stops, then an exclamation mark goes in it.

8. unobtainium macrumors 68000

Not an error - you can continue to work with your old iPhoto library but none of the changes or additions you make to that library will be reflected in Photos, and vice versa.