Photos for OSX, what a letdown

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qtrim, Apr 9, 2015.

1. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

I can't believe how hyped up this lame photos app is. No external app support, if you want more than a few thousand photos, you'll have to pay Apple each month forever, and the limited editing features are a joke.

I'll stick with using the Onedrive app to backup all my photos an videos to my Mac in the same folder for free and use a real editor when I choose.

2. mgroot macrumors regular

mgroot

You don't have to use the icloud photo syncing so you can easily use it with tens of thousands of photos without paying apple anything for increased icloud storage

3. chabig macrumors 68040

And when he tires of laughing at the editing tools, he might realize that he can edit his photos in any other app of his choosing.

4. qtrim thread starter macrumors regular

qtrim

For one thing, it's like the whole interface was built around a one button mouse. I can't zoom a photo I'm working on with the scroll wheel. I can't pan around the image while a tool is active. That's just to name a few.

5. chabig macrumors 68040

Something's different with your system, then. I can zoom with my trackpad and pan the photo with tools selected.

6. smizzle macrumors regular

smizzle

I think it was designed for a trackpad like most of OS X seems to be lately.

Flickr is a pretty good choice for this, IMO. Their auto-uploader works great with iPhoto and there should be an update that supports Photos soon, and they give you so much free space it's almost impossible to use up. I'm sticking with them until Apple makes the pricing more competitive with other services or, even better, just makes it free.

7. Noctilux.95 macrumors 6502

This app is seriously a fu**king joke! Aperture is discarded and this is what we get? :mad:

8. macpeach55 macrumors 6502

macpeach55

Merging Events! How?

I have events from my MBP & iMac - all separate until Photos - Now they show as iPhoto Events & iPhoto Events (1) but I cannot find a way to merge them! Anyone got a clue on this?