Photos from iPhone 5s to iPad Mini R

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by deaddisco, Nov 21, 2013.

1. deaddisco macrumors newbie

Hi guys

Newbie question.

I'm upgrading my iPhone to a 5s but only a 16Gb.

All my iTunes contents are synced to an external hard disk ( i.e. every time i sync my tunes i have to have my external hard disk connected)

I would like to find out , how do i transfer all my photos/videos taken on my iPhone 5s to my iPad mini? Without keeping them in the iPhone, therefore freeing up some space on the iPhone. I have a 124gb iPad so that's plenty of space to keep photos.

Do i buy a special cable for it? or use photo stream/icloud? But if i use photo stream/icloud…. i still have the photos on my iPhone and therefore defeating the purpose of freeing up space on iPhone

Thanks guys

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Do you transfer your photos when you sync? If so you could just sync the photos to your iPad from iTunes.

Or if you have a camera connection kit with the USB connection for the iPad you can use the USB cable that came with your iPhone and transfer the pictures that way.

3. deaddisco thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a double ended lightning cable in the market?

The camera kits i saw are for memory cards

Is there a cable to connect the iPhone 5s to the iPad mini retina . Both uses lightning cable.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Camera connection kit has a USB-in port, right? Stick lightning cable's USB end into there, done.