iPhone 7(+) Photos / iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by riise, Feb 20, 2018.

1. riise macrumors newbie

iOS 11, iPhone 7, 128 GB.

I am using iCloud Photo Library, local on the iPhone photos is using 52 GB of data

I have had this experience the last 2 weeks:

Whenever I take a new photo, the photo gets uploaded to iCloud. So far so good. But it also gets deleted from the phone itself. This results in all my latest, say 200 photos are unsharp / blurry, when in Flight mode. Earlier this was not the case.

It seams that the phone has a lot of photos local stored, but that these are old photos. How do I set it up, so it does not delete the photos I have just taken? For example the last 1000 images?

In settings I have set the option to "Optimize storage". If I enable "Download originals", the device will run out of space.

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Optimize storage does exactly this. It's an all or nothing thing though as far as I can tell. You can't have some optimized and some not.

3. riise thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, but the behaviour has changed. A few weeks back it would KEEP the newest photos also in a local copy, which makes browsing faster / better UX. It is like I have reached a local storage limit, and now it just offloads all the new photos instead of the old ones. Any method to revert this sorting? How do I get the old behaviour back?

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

There’s no way to “get the old behaviour back”. It’s a OS level change.