Photos lost after a backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DeannaB, Feb 6, 2011.

1. DeannaB macrumors newbie

For the past week the battery in my jailbroken 3g has been dying much faster than usual. I tried deleting several apps to see if one of them were the problem. I ended up replacing my usb cord and the battery went back to normal. Tonight I synced the phone and got all of the deleted apps back. The phone was running on wifi so I didn't notice until I left the house that the 3g icon from the top of the phone was missing. I could make and receive calls and texts but I couldn't use safari or check email. I tried restarting the phone but it didn't help. When I returned home I restored from a backup and the icon was back. It wasn't until later that I noticed all of my pictures were gone. I tried to backup and sync again but it still said I have no photos. I found the 100Apple folder that seems to be holding my pictures but how to I get them back on my phone? I tried using DiskAid and it put the files on my phone. Camera Roll says (196) but when I try to view them it says "No Photos" The files in the 100Apple folder are in .BTH and .THM. Do I need to convert them? What can I do to get these pictures back? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

When you did your last photo transfer to iPhoto? If you did you should have them in the library?
    Are you using Windows? Have you ever used the camera wizard to save your photos?

3. DeannaB thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using a Mac although I have access to a computer with Windows if that will help. It has been a month since I last opened iPhoto so most pictures are missing. I know it is foolish now but I never thought I had to save my pictures. I had a few lemons when I first got my iPhone and every time they replaced it I would just sync and iTunes would put the pics on the new phone. I thought backing up my computer was enough.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

5. DeannaB thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the suggestion but I already tried that. It didn't work because my backups were encrypted. I think I am just out of luck.