Photos Memories...

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by hydr, Aug 26, 2016.

1. hydr macrumors regular

Hi,

Just curious how this works for you guys? I only see 11 memories in there, and my library is huge. And it´s weird ones like a date in 2004 or "together" or on this day.

Wondering what other people see.

Cheers!

2. CRaSHeR36 macrumors member

CRaSHeR36

Yup - same here... I have a relatively large photo library (>9,000 photos), and I only see 8 memories! I'm assuming that this will be tightened up in an upcoming release as it would need to generate quite a few more memories automatically or allow some functionality for the user to do so.

3. hydr thread starter macrumors regular

How are you finding the automatic categories so far? I find it to be a great new feature, although in my case there are a lot of false or mistakes being made, and there are quite a few "easy" ones that it does not detect. I have been testing extensively on each public beta without any improvements on categories, so I´m guessing what we got on beta 1 will probably be the same as final release?

4. CRaSHeR36 macrumors member

CRaSHeR36

Yup agreed - the algorithms used to create the memories are definitely a work in progress, but will probably be released as-is. It will probably take a few iterations after release to make the automatic creation of memories more accurate, but it's a great start.

5. hydr thread starter macrumors regular

CRaSHeR36, does Siri work with Photos for you? Any query regarding photos just ends up in "Open in Photos" in Siri. It did use to work on beta 1-3 for me.

6. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I see the same. Hasn't worked in recent betas

7. CRaSHeR36 macrumors member

CRaSHeR36

Same here.