Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I saw one post about this in the Apple Watch Apps thread but their resolution didn’t really make sense to me so I wanted to ask here.

I had a Series 2 watch and just got my Series 3 on Friday, and I notice that if I go into the Watch app on my phone and go to the Faces and scroll down to the Photos face it shows a sample of faces with pictures from my phone, but I don’t have any synced that I can find. Also, if I go into the About section of settings on my watch it shows I have 5 photos on my watch.

Can anyone confirm this is the case their watch? Was anyone successful in removing the photos?

Thanks in advance

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I saw one post about this in the Apple Watch Apps thread but their resolution didn’t really make sense to me so I wanted to ask here.

I had a Series 2 watch and just got my Series 3 on Friday, and I notice that if I go into the Watch app on my phone and go to the Faces and scroll down to the Photos face it shows a sample of faces with pictures from my phone, but I don’t have any synced that I can find. Also, if I go into the About section of settings on my watch it shows I have 5 photos on my watch.

Can anyone confirm this is the case their watch? Was anyone successful in removing the photos?

Thanks in advance

These come from the memories section on your phone

Reactions: samuraiQ

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
The photos for the Photos Face are based on the settings from the Photo section of My Watch. Tap My Watch, scroll down to Photos, Tap Photos, this is where you can chose any album and also set a Photos Limit.

Dave

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks for the replies! In my Photos section I have mirror my phone, synced albums is favorites and I have Zero favorites and photos limit is 100, lowest available is 25

If they are from Memories is there no way to get rid of them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.