Photos not loaded after icloud backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bmodi, Apr 1, 2015.

1. bmodi macrumors member

bmodi

Hello,

a problem with the icloud photos library forced me to reset my iphone. I reinstalled it using a icloud backup. Everything went fine.

My fotos got loaded from the icloud photos library. I have around 1300 fotos and 140 vidoes in my library.

The backup i did on 23 March.

Now i have two problems:
    1.) within the fotos app for around 20 videos i do not get a thumbnail. It just shows a grey block with the video symbol + the cloud symbol. The rest of the videos it downloaded locally and for those videos i get a thumbnail. However those 20 videos it does not download at all. Just for your information -> i have more than 40 GB free on my iphone.

2.) The second problem is the bigger one. We have a fotostream released for our familiy to provide them some fotos. I do not mean the traditional fotostream which synchs fotos between devices using the same apple ID. I mean a foto stream into which we put manually fotos we want to share. In this stream we have around 1300 fotos. It shows me from around 40% of those fotos a thumbnail. The rest ist just shown in grey and even if i open such a foto it does not load it -> just a white background is shown.

The worst thing is that if my wife puts new fotos into this stream i can see that there are new ones -> however they are just shown in grey squares within the overview -> even if i open one it does not show it.

If i put new fotos into the stream i can see them and also on our other devices those fotos are shown.

Any ideas?

2. bmodi thread starter macrumors member

bmodi

If i would disable the possibility to "release fotos" for defined people within the icloud settings.......it warns me that it would delete all shared fotos stored on my iphone.

Does someone know if it would also affect the whole stream -> i mean will it delete it also in the cloud?

Or will it stay there and is still available from my other devices? Becauase then i could disable and enable it...maybe it downloads then everything correctly......