Photos Not Transferring To Photostream...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i1280, Jun 24, 2014.

1. i1280 macrumors regular

i1280

So my wife has over 1100 photos on her iPhone 4S. All taken with the iPhone. Only 56 of them have transferred over to Photostream. Pictures from last week and pictures from today. No pictures from Sunday or Monday. no pictures before last week.

Tried all the usual suspects. Turned both iPad and iPhone off. Turned WiFi off and on on both. Reset Photostream on both. Can't figure out why only 56 pictures will transfer over.

Any further suggestions? Anyone else experience this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Also tried logging in and out if iCloud...still same 56 photos transferring over.

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

We've had similar issues. This is a failing of the iCloud Photostream implementation. I can't make any sense of why this happens. Sometimes the photos sync and sometimes they don't . Maybe once they release iOS 8 it'll be better.

The way I understand that it's supposed to work is; you take 1000 photos this month. They sync to Photostream. You take 1000 photos next month. These should replace the photos you took this month. But if you take 100 next month, technically only this 100 should sync because photos only stay in Photostream for 30 days. If I'm mistaken someone please correct me.

The thing is that I have a different number of photos in Photostream on almost all my devices. So what I said above doesn't seem to hold true. It's been so inconsistent for me that I can't pin down any kind of pattern. I make sure to sync all my photos to Dropbox and Google+. This way I know for sure I have multiple backups.

In iOS 8 ALL photos will sync with iCloud. I hope it starts working right and consistently.

4. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Makes little to no sense in the way that it's so inconsistent...