Photos off iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tobinnyc, Oct 15, 2009.

1. tobinnyc macrumors newbie

I've researched this forum on how to get photo's off my iPhone, but haven't seen anything here that addresses my problem.

Recently my hard drive crashed, so I had to replace it. Unfortunately, I hadn't backed it up in a while, so lost a lot of my photos. Fortunately, I had uploaded a few photo albums onto my iPhone prior to the crash, so have most of them on my iPhone.

Here's the problem. When I installed the new hard drive, I upgraded to Snow Leopard so no longer have iPhoto, and really don't want to pay $80 iLife (really paying $80 just for iPhoto b/c it's the only app I'd use).

When I use Image Capture, it grabs all the shots taken with the iPhone, but none of the other images. Does anyone know of a way to get all the album shots as well??

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. tobinnyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't work

That looks like exactly what I need, but it won't download from their site for some reason. Each time I get a message "The operation couldn't be completed. Safari Error Domain error 0.

Tried it firefox as well but didn't work there either. Hopefully it's something they correct on their site and I can get it later.

Thanks for the link though!

3. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i do have iphone-explorer but where are the photos locate in the iphone?

4. jbs1077 macrumors newbie

Are you using PC or Mac? I can easily retrieve photos from my iPhone using my Windows 7 laptop.

5. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

If the photos are stored in albums, youo won't be able to access them with the Camera and Scanner wizard, or whatever it's called in Windows 7.

You should find the photos inside the DCIM folder and then subsequent folders inside that one.

I downloaded it the same evening I sent the link so hopefully it's all working now