Photos on iPhone4 Lost After Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dronen, Aug 22, 2010.

1. dronen macrumors newbie

Hi, I need urgent help to recover lost photos. My son upgraded his jailbroken iPhone to 4.0.2 and then did a restore without backing up his photos (some 200+ photos from his holiday trip were lost). The current OS on his phone now is iOS 4.0.2 which cannot yet be jailbroken.

Is there any thing that can be done whether on Mac or Windows to help recovery? I've tried data recovery apps on Windows like Diskgetor, Recover4All, but they all need the iPhone to be mounted as a disk but with iPhone 4, the "enable disk use" feature has been removed. What can I do?

Please advise!

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

You didn't backup?

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If there is no backup to restore from then there is no way to get the photos back.

4. dockingbay94 macrumors regular

dockingbay94

5. dronen thread starter macrumors newbie

Photos on iPhone4 Lost After Restore

Hi, thanks for the replies. Aren't the files supposedly tagged for deletion only and not physically deleted yet? Is there no utility out there that can scan the iPhone's hard disk for tagged files?

6. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Not in this scenario. Once you've done an OS restore, your are pretty much knackered.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

1. Who doesn't back up their phone regularly?
    2. Who updates to 4.0.2 when EVERYONE has said it does NOTHING but inconvenience jailbreakers?