Photos: Operation couldn't be completed ImageCaptureCore error 9905

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iamMacPerson, Dec 29, 2015.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

So this is very weird. I got my Mac Pro back today from repair and the first thing I wanted to do was unload the pictures I had taken from my iPhone. Everything on the iTunes side of things is OK. No problems whatsoever. However, when I try to import photos into Photos I end up getting this error:

The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error -9905)

I did a quick Google search, which returned that killing any Image Capture related processes in Activity Monitor would fix the problem, or a reboot. Tried that, nothing. Tried Image Capture itself to no avail. I don't know if it's a bug in the OS, but not only is this happening but my phone will automatically disappear from Photos and Image Capture after 5 minutes or so. It's still in iTunes, but I need to physically unplug the phone and plug it back in for it work. Any ideas on what to try next? I'm at my whits end.

2. indigootaku macrumors newbie

indigootaku

I have a similar problem with Image capture with my go pro's, and started after updating
    both the OS and my go pro's.

Let you know if i find anything