Photos - People, Places and Memories

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by netnative, Sep 14, 2016.

1. netnative macrumors regular

netnative

My unsolicited advice to Apple regarding People, Places and Memories:

1. "People". Provide a way to delete, rather than merely hide, recognized faces within "People". Everybody has photos with faces that one does not want scanned for facial recognition. There should also be a setting to disable or turn off face recognition altogether.

2. "Places". Provide a way to remove a photo from "Places", or the means to remove location information from a photo. I do not want photos of documents (such as receipts) to be grouped with family photos just because they were taken at the same location.

3. "Memories". Provide a way to disable or turn off "Memories".

4. iCloud Photo Library. Connect "People", "Places" and "Memories" to the iCloud Photo Library so that the changes made on one of your devices is reflected on your other devices.

If you found a way to accomplish what I described above, please tell me how.

2. wbrat, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

wbrat macrumors regular

I agree with all of those. And especially with 4. This is insane to go through the process of face naming etc. on each device.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    And there should be some kind of markup/notificaton, if there are new pictures to be confirmed for any person.

3. Chabba, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

Chabba macrumors regular

Expanding on number 2, I'd like to edit the location.
    I've never been to Null Island.
    Explanation:

...and in regards to 4, I thought I was out of my damn mind to think the data wouldn't sync. Why wouldn't it? This is very important and people have libraries with many, many thousands of photos. I'm not going to edit people data until it syncs.

4. trevorplease macrumors regular

Is there a way to just turn off this feature completely? (i.e. delete the people's folder)

5. netnative thread starter macrumors regular

netnative

If there is a way to delete the "People" album in Photos, I was not able to find it.

6. trevorplease macrumors regular

bump, still wondering this

Is there a way to just turn off this feature completely? (i.e. delete the people's folder)

7. Sparxxx macrumors regular

I would love to have the option to disable all this ********. It's just wasted screen and I never use those albums...

8. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

9. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

I too would like to know how to disable this too, this auto tagging crap is just another step towards further eroding peoples privacy. I'll decide what happens with my own pics thank you! I do not want my photo's tagged with faces or people.
    Every user must be able to choose wether they want this 'feature' to be enabled or disabled.
    If the're is no disble-option in the current version of iOS Apple should make this possible in the next update!