Photos question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Cobra611, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

In my switch from PC to Mac, I have imported nearly 30,000 pictures into Photos. Many of which are duplicates, and I'll sort through them soon. Also, a lot of the pics do not have the correct metadata. I can make the adjustment to the date on a single picture but when trying to change the date for multiple pictures, I cannot. Is there a way (app or otherwise) that will allow me to change the date in multiple pics at the same time? This will save me many hours!! I purchased File Date Changer 5 from the app store, but doesn't seem to be working. I can't drag and drop pics into the app directly from Photos as I have to create a folder on the desktop, add pics to that folder, then drag from that folder to the app. Once I do that, it will change the date to whatever I choose, but the date reverts back once I drag and drop back into Photos.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

2. makrom macrumors regular

I'm really just guessing here, but I think you'll most likely need something that changes EXIF data instead of file information.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

4. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

Thank you for responding. I'll check on things when I get home from work later.