Photos - sharing giving me fits! Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MartyCan, Jul 26, 2016.

1. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I need to share a large number of phtos to a friend in anoher country from Photos.

I tried setting up shared photo albums in iCloud but he's not on a Mac and he says iCloud won't let him in.

I have a Dropbox account too but when I try to copy the photos and paste to a Dropbox folder but it only pastes the thumbnails and I want to send the full version.

Tried searching Apple.ca but all that came up was their marketing page which had no info that helped me.

Is there a way for a Windows (or possibly Chromebook) user to view the shared album or is there a way that I can copy/paste the photos I want to send to him in the full original size?

2. ApfelKuchen, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

Not so hard, but maybe counter-intuitive... In the People options select Public Website and it'll give you a URL you can share. I know, the term "Public Website" implies that anyone can find it, but they do have to guess a 16-character address to do it. It's a web page, so anyone with a Windows or Chromebook machine can view it.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 2.35.21 AM.png

3. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Open photos and "export" the pictures - you can decide what quality / resolution to save and then save the files into a drop box folder that you share.

4. MartyCan, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

MartyCan thread starter macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I'll try that thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Jul 27, 2016 ---
    If solution 1 doesn't work I'll try that next thanks.